Monday, November 8, 2010

On Surviving Another Weekend , etc

For folks in this line of job it is a given to be toiling away on a weekend when most other people are off to the beach or to church.   They’d probably wonder why this writer is going gaga over surviving another weekend of work.

The fact is, I haven’t done weekends for almost five years now, so allow me to jump up and down, turn around and announce that I survived two 12-hour shifts on the days when regular people are off. 

I am the type of person who does not relish work.   I live for my days off.  Now that I have one less day to rest in a week, I absolutely live for the day that I am not working.

So what did I do today?

I cleaned up the mess that the past few days of blustery cold weather left behind---lots of   leaves strewn around to sweep away; wilting plants in overturned pots to fix and water; and five  unripe papaya that were thrown off my tree to pick up, wash and turn into atsara.

I spent four hours of today  in the kitchen, laboring away at making atsara and bihon. And while I was slicing away at the  fruit, I saw a sign:

DSC_0305

The Star 

flying anhinga

for my Christmas tree

Do you see it?

I took this picture a week ago. 

flying anhinga

I am looking forward to Christmas:

as you can see --- the signs are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment