Monday, July 4, 2011

“Getting Into the Groove” -- A Novice Hiker’s Diary: Day 1

I had been “out of commission”, inactive, sedentary, for the past five weeks and just now I am getting my groove back, thanks to the Lord and the support of my family, especially my husband.

To get my groove back I decided to start hiking, since for now, other strenuous activity is restricted from me.  I thought it might inspire me and you, as well, that I make a diary/journal of my hiking trails and my progress down this journey of recovery…

and I shall call it “On Getting My Groove Back”.

IMG_0993

Three pigeons standing on my trail.

Me and my walking stick

IMG_1006

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Trash on the waysides

IMG_1003

Sweating it out already.

IMG_0992

the canal alongside the trail.

IMG_0994

Growing wild everywhere. I am  quite curious what this plant is.

IMG_0995

I came closer to the bank of the canal to examine the fruit more closely to see if I’m able to identify it.

IMG_1009

One of my neighbors appears to be a retired New York firefighter. FDNY flag of the US

IMG_1007

A common theme on the trail --- trash that some people left on the pavement

IMG_1008

of the basketball court.

IMG_1005

My stick,  my fruit, and of course, me.

IMG_1012

My walking stick resting, like me, after the end of a half an hour hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment