Tuesday, February 17, 2015

More than a Million-Dollar Winner

A few days ago three people won the $564.1 million powerball jackpot . Prior to the drawing, my husband was one of the millions who had their eye on the prize and had asked if I could stop by our neighborhood grocery to buy a ticket on my way home from work. So when my boss and I   were chatting  after work one evening about the announcement of the winners, I jokingly said that my husband would be devastated he didn’t win. Who wouldn’t want to win, anyway?

On my morning commute the other day, as I was listening to the radio,  this precious insight just struck me…eternal life is free.

Eternal life, a mansion in heaven,

To be a child and  heir of the King of Kings---

What would you say if a wealthy king or billionaire would ask you to be his adopted child and  heir to all his riches and all you need to say is “yes.”  All you have to do is to receive the offer, the gift.

Eternal life and all the wealth of the universe are yours for free… you just have to receive it. 

Can  you grasp that reality? 564.1 M cannot buy you eternal life, or heaven, cannot let you escape  sickness or death…

This inheritance that is yours for the taking, cannot be stolen, lost or forfeited.  It will not pass away. The best part is, you will never lose it, or leave it behind when you die. And you never have to spend a penny, or wait all your life perhaps, in vain, to win it. It is ABSOLUTELY  FREE.

Is that not the bestest  news anyone can ever hear? Infinitely better than winning the lotto.

As a child of God, do I even grasp what I have, what has been given me and what is being offered to all those who will receive?

I was driving but I felt like I wanted to  go and find people and shake them and tell them that eternal life is free! You can be royalty! You can have hope not only in this life but in the after life. And it is ABSOLUTELY FREE.  You just have to take it!  Receive it!

When the Holy Spirit revealed the truth to me, all the envy I harbored for those powerball winners vanished. God showed me that I am, indeed, heir to the biggest inheritance there is…I am the richest person in the universe. I am  royalty! The child of the Owner, Maker, Creator of the Universe… and I shall reign with Him forever and ever!

To think of it, last month, my team lost the SuperBowl. This month, my husband  didn’t win the Power Ball. But hey, Jesus is better than the SuperBowl or the Powerball.

“But as many as RECEIVE Him, to them He GAVE the power to become the children of God.” John 1:12

The best prize you and I can ever win is free…Do you dig it? Do you realize it? Eternal Life is free.  FREE to those who will receive it. Share the spectacular news!! You can be royalty! You can live forever! All things are yours! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment