Monday, March 1, 2010

My Ode to Spring

 

I  so desire  for spring, my warmth-starved flesh

quivers.

I moan and groan

My  blood runs

With the pain of waiting --

 

 DSC_0357

To roll  in the green, light-dappled grass under the 

spreading tree!

To run in my short sun dress and dance in the hoary

day!

To say good bye to all my winter coats and

ornaments !

To walk out the door of a morning to a world

Basked in  bright light, and decked in green!

 

I will run naked to meet you, yes, naked I will fly

And let the warmth of your sun cover my nakedness

I will blaze  with shameless tattoos  that day in your

year

That turn of your season, that flit of your feather,

That blush of your petal, that buzz of your wing.

 

_DSC0117

You will come to me --

And I like a mighty queen of the tropics  from my

sweep

Shall turn my   eyes upon the land  and sing

The praises of your lovely days, oh Spring!

 DSC_0099

 

No comments:

Post a Comment