Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Candle In His Honor

My son and I lighted a candle tonight, our little ceremony of sorts to honor a life:
Omar's Vintage Photo Effect candles
To him it is to honor the life of a lolo Murphy he  never knew, whose stories I wished so much for him to have heard as I did with pleasure over and over again when I was little.
To me it is to honor a father that I barely knew, for whose hugs and kisses I have lived without but have longed for, nevertheless.
Seventy  four candles are lit in my mind in honor of every single year of his life…  Such a life as never was and never will be.  There will only be one of him in time and eternity.
His light is waxing bright now, as it lingers on its last  moments…
He will, like a rocket ship, blast off into eternity! And we, down here, shall watch him go, like awed spectators of this  most fearful, most mysterious, and for the believer-most glorious of all of life’s mysteries…
My son and I are lighting a candle tonight in honor of a soul on the verge of flight…up and away from the bonds and cares and agonies of our mortal flesh, eager to soar on the wings of the wind into the whiteness and peace of the very presence of God.
Let our love for you, Papang, send you on your way…

No comments:

Post a Comment