Friday, August 12, 2011

Chasing after the Sunset

 

A vista of open road, and trees set against the blue sky

Dragonflies flitting in and out of the knee-high grass

Long ant tunnels running perpendicular to the road and

the scrunch of the stony white gravel under my feet.

John Mayer singing “Gravity”, “Clarity” and “Georgia” in my ears;

the shimmery stillness of the water alongside me;

snow white pigeon perched on a log;

ducks roosting on the half submerged branches on the water.

Full moon rising.

A mother duck and her tiny ducklings huddled on the canal embankment;

clip_image001

Me chasing after the sunset;

spider webs brushing against my skin

even as I race to catch the sunset

to the songs of Norah Jones.

The sunset turning from gold, to bloody red to purple to blue;

I hurry to catch the sunset,

perhaps too late.

But the moon has risen,

peeping from the tree branches.

The moon has risen:

My heart is full

Like the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment