Monday, August 1, 2011

Hiking Diary Day 12

I almost chickened out of walking today because when I came out at 7:54 a.m. it was already 82 degrees, wary, as I were, of getting sunburnt. But since I already locked myself out of the house full of still- sleeping residents, I decided to just flit into  whatever shade I could find.

Before I set out I usually drink a full glass of soy milk for energy and hydration, since I don’t bring any water with me, unwise as that may sound. I like to travel light… this time, no cane either or umbrella, just my self phone er, cellphone. That mistake was unintentional but it does sound like a good pun  on the word.

Duration:  1 hr.

Distance:  3 miles

Pace:  20:45 mins/mile

Level of Difficulty:  Easy

Terrain:  Flat  (Paved path and grass)

 

IMG_1306

I had a hard time getting a picture of this scorpion who was trying to run away after I crossed its path.

IMG_1321

mayflies were hovering over the rotten fruit of the palm tree.

Misty Sunset

Perching Anhinga

IMG_1317

Perching duck

Perching mystery bird.  This is the same bird that I discovered  a few days ago. 

There was actually a lizard perched on the same fence as this bird.  Check it out on the left side of the screen below.

lizard

Perching Lizard

IMG_1323

IMG_1322lyt

What a nice shady tree! 

IMG_1324

What looks like a pile of poop on the tree roots

IMG_1325

is actually maybe a part of the root.  Or is that some kind of fungus?

IMG_1326

Someone’s growing pineapple in their front yard.

IMG_1330

The first rose in my  summer garden.  It had a lovely scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment