Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Strategic Walking

IMG_0010

The nice cool weather this morning was an invitation to a slow paced walk today. Slow-paced, since I was walcouponing, a combination of walking and diving my neighbors’ recycling bins for coupon inserts. I should probably call it strategic walking.  Sneaky, yes ? Shameless, perhaps, but definitely smart, I should say.  I was able to exercise and from the extra coupon inserts I snuck out of other folks’ garbage today, I was able to cash in an additional $13. 43 to my couponized grocery loot. For the past two days I have saved close to a hundred bucks from my latest racket (as my nephew  called it). Couponing or strategic shopping has become en vogue now that we have this “Extreme Couponing” reality show on TV.

I’ve made some rookie mistakes, but I’m brushing up on the tricks and  beginning to build my stockpile of grocery items. And since this is quite addicting I have to put the brakes on myself and keep my cool for now until the next Sunday paper (loaded with coupons) comes along, or as veteran couponers would say:  “as the next big deal comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment