Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hiking Diary: My Fastest Pace So Far

I was brisk walking at a pace of 16 minutes per mile today wearing my new Adidas running capri I bought for a bargain at TJ Maxx.  It   is incredibly smooth and luxurious to the touch and  the way it hugs my skin is amazing.  Behind me was a guy in maybe his  late twenties or early thirties,  who had his one spastic arm on a sling and head postured to the  side. When I told the guys at dinner  how admirable it was   that a handicapped guy   would be  involved   in physical fitness  unlike them  who just sit around playing the computer  they   made a joke saying that the guy had no choice but to do walking since he couldn’t play the computer anyway (considering the state of his arm).

The last two miles of my walk I felt my legs go on auto mode, I had the feeling like my mind was detached from the rest of my body, especially my legs, and I did not feel any constraints or strain or pain to my feet as they touched      the   ground.

There was no sunset at my lake today due to the cloud cover but I had this gorgeous photo of one from last night after work.

The band of blue  shooting   out    like rays   was spectacular to see.

IMG_1389 1

IMG_1386 1

No comments:

Post a Comment