Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Just Made Soap

I finally ran out of my stockpile of laundry detergent  from my couponing days and had to  carry out my plan to make home made laundry soap this afternoon. I like this because it is free of harmful dyes, fragrance and is okay for the environment.


It is quite easy. All that you need are the following:

1 bar of Ivory soap
1 cup of Borax
1 small box of baking soda
 2 gallons of water
Containers


Boil 1 gallon of water
Grate the bar of soap and add to water.
When the soap is dissolved remove from heat. Slowly add baking soda and borax.
Mix well.
Add 1 gallon of cold water.
Store in the container of your choice. I recycled my old empty laundry detergent containers.
Before each use, shake the detergent up so make sure you use a storage that can accomodate this.
Use 1/2 cup of detergent per load.  This detergent is low to no suds so it also works great in HE machines
It doesn't require too much effort. I was able to do it while cutting my nails and listening to the radio.


I made a total of 4 of these containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment