Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Brave Merry Christmas

My heart is under assault by evil…

This onslaught of evil presses  at the bulwark of my heart,

with intent to steal   Christmas.

At the fringes of my consciousness a  shadow   lurks;

I push back as it creeps; I push back .

Silently persistent,

insistent,

it creeps,

With schemes  to rob and haul  away

And plunder .

The assault began with bloody murder

A hundred innocent school children massacred,

Dead.

Two innocent cops-

Dead.

Innocents.  Dead.

This pillage of innocence,

Like  scarlet  gashes

upon the snow.

The wails of the mourners are heard from the streets

There are cracks

around the edges

of my heart. 

It is breaking.

I am quiet as I weep.

…I sing  a dirge in place of carols.

The shadow of death hovers…

No oil  of gladness upon my head.

A gray mantle, in its stead.

Must I forget,  this Brazen Evil did rear 

serpentine head  and slaughtered the children,

But failed, yes failed, to  slay that One Child?

Do I forget that the  Incarnate One descended upon the land of blackness and gloom, as one of us

Akin to our pains and wounds,

Touched the dust  where on  our mortal flesh did walk,

A man of sorrows, acquainted with all our griefs?

Do I forget that Him God sent

To bind our broken hearts, and set us, captives free,

To make the lame among us walk, and us, the blind, to see?

Amidst this onslaught of evil, we can celebrate Christmas.

We will celebrate Christmas.

The One ---

Who  shatters the darkness,

Who over evil triumphs,

Who alone turns our mourning into dancing---

Is WITH us.

The Healer of our broken hearts HAS COME.

No comments:

Post a Comment