Sunday, January 4, 2015

an average person’s life long resolution

DSC_1387

All my life I desire  to be amazing.

I live in awe

of  those who can draw,

of those who can speak, or dance or sing.

I covet the gift of the  PIANIST, or ENTERTAINER,

I want to be ADORED SPEAKER, or CHARISMATIC LEADER.

I envy those  guitar-strumming, husky-voiced CROONERS;

The leaping and twirling, splendid, grace-filled  DANCERS …

I am dazzled by the ways of the PRODI-GY

The CHARLOTTE CHURCH’s, the LANG LANG’s, the PAVAROTTI’s,

The EINSTEIN’s, the MOZART’s, The VINCENT VAN GOGH’s

the TIGER WOOD’s, the MICHAEL JORDAN’s,  the MICHELANGELO’s… 

I elevate and celebrate the SPEC-TA-CU-LAR .

I am in fawning awe of   the EX-CEP-TIO-NAL,

The ONE-OF-A-KIND, the VIRTUOSO,  the GENIUS,

The  ATHLETICALLY GIFTED, the  SUPERFRAGILICIOUS.

The Long Arm of Heaven

reached down with a revelation:

The Giver of Gifts, this, He said to me--

“It does not matter the size and the number;

Who is the clay to complain  to the Potter?

‘Does the ax raise itself above the person who swings it,

or the saw boast against the one who uses it?’

You are  the rule; You are not  the exception.

Be great with the little, Be grand with the small.

You are there for my Body; You will shine for my glory.

Now then,

Let the one who  can cook, cook superbly.

The one who can give, give outstandingly

Let the one who can serve, serve passionately,

the one who can sew, sew magnificently,

Let the one who can listen, listen immensely,

the one who can encourage, encourage endlessly.”

The world is God’s stage

and when the  spotlight’s  on me

I will be dazzlingly common

Spectacularly  Plain

AMAZINGLY ORDINARY.


No comments:

Post a Comment