Friday, July 8, 2011

Fern Forest Hike

This trip to Fern Forest Nature Center had been in my mind for weeks and today was my big break.  It turned out sunny -- contrary to the forecast of week-long thunderstorms-- so I  grabbed our gear and went with just a bottled water, a few Oreos and half a bag of potato chips.

Matt and I were already on the interstate when I discovered my GPS was messed up and having no idea how to get there I called my emergency line (hubby).  I had to get out of the freeway and park at some unknown place to reset my GPS.

When we arrived at the general vicinity   I couldn’t find our destination and had to drive around in circles twice before my “Eureka” moment of finally knowing what sign  I missed.   That accounts for the much-ado when we arrived.  Matt was already feeling car sick from all the convolutions.

 

Matt was tired and sweaty from the mile (or two) walk.  We took a break and ate our snacks. There was a prairie overlook that was not included here. I shortened the videos quite extensively. It turned out, using the handycam made for  pretty shaky videos. The iphone videos turned out great-- much better in terms of color and clarity. Next time I will only be using my iphone, which  has proven obviously quite  handier than the handycam. The above vid is a combination of both handycam and iphone shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment