Monday, July 18, 2011

Hiking Diary Day 8: Interesting Finds

Today I tested a cool iphone/Ipad app IMapMyHike which is one of the many types of workouts available in IMapMyFitness.com.  It  downloads  the distance, time, elevation, route of my hike.  This is my hike for today:

Duration:  37 minutes

Distance:  1.97 miles

Pace:  19.32 mins/mile

Elevation:  starting: 27 feet  Maximum elevation:  43 feet

Speed:  3.1 miles/hour

The coolest thing, by far about this app is that it gives me a 3D flyover video from Google maps of my actual route which unfortunately I’m unable to embed in this blog.

 

 

IMG_1239

Interestingly, on this walk I passed by  a house that has alugbati (Filipino spinach)

 

IMG_1240

Katumbal (chili) plant

IMG_1241

Amargoso/ampalaya (bitter melon) with fruit hanging from the vine.  On the ground is lemongrass (tangglad) and up above is a banana tree with fruit clusters,

IMG_1242

and a papaya tree….all in the backyard. The inevitable conclusion is that this is a house inhabited by a Filipino.

IMG_1244

On the way back this fruit-laden tree intrigued me.  What fruit?  edible or not? 

IMG_1244

You tell me.

IMG_1247

This was the beautiful  sunset that greeted me on my way to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment